Since the unveiling of the Shiba Inu coin, people have been searching for ways to mine Shiba Inu without purchasing it on a cryptocurrency exchange.
Moreover, why spend to purchase Shiba Inu coin when you can as well mine it for free with your computer.
Crypto Mining involves the process of earning digital-asset rewards — tokens of appreciation as a result of solving cryptographic equations with someone’s hardware.
For the sake of the newbies, let’s give a brief introduction of what a cryptocurrency is and then talk about acquiring the Shiba Inu coin which is the main focus of the article.
According to Wikipedia,
A cryptocurrency, crypto-currency, or crypto is a collection of binary data which is designed to work as a medium of exchange.
While on the other hand,
According to Coinbase,
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is a token that aspires to be an Ethereum-based alternative to Dogecoin (DOGE), the popular memecoin. Unlike Bitcoin, which is designed to be scarce, SHIB is intentionally abundant — with a total supply of one quadrillion. The Shiba Inu Token ecosystem supports projects such as an NFT art incubator and the development of a decentralized exchange called Shibaswap.
Nevertheless, there are few restrictions to crypto mining as the mining power of the PC depends on the hardware, and underpowered hardware might not generate enough SHIB coin as expected.
Asides from being underpowered, laptops with low heat dissipation or few GPUs aren’t encouraged for mining.
Serious miners who make profitable earnings use ASIC miners or decked-out PCs with several GPUs.
Check out our best laptops for crypto mining page to get a good idea of which systems are best for minting SHIB based on their internals, dimensions and thermal results from our in-house testing.
In summary, If you are looking for a way to mine the Shiba Inu coin for free on your laptop, then we’ve got you covered but you should also take note of the following demerits that comes with mining on your PC.
- Electricity: You’ll need your PC to be online 24/7 which is almost impossible looking at the battery capacity of most laptops ideal for mining.
- Increased Wear and Tear on Hardware: Continuous running of your PC might affect its lifespan.
- GPU shortage and Nvidia’s crackdown:
- Ethereum’s transition to ETH 2.0: Mining will be a thing of the past once Ethereum transitions to ETH, 2.0
- Energy consumption: SHIB runs on the Ethereum network. ETH uses 62.56 kWh.
If you’ve taken note of the above demerits and would still love to continue crypto mining on your laptop then continue reading…
- You’ll need a Shiba Inu wallet to collect your SHIB reward once you’ve reached the payment threshold – I’ll recommend Trust Wallet (IOS & Android)
- The unMineable beta miner software – DOWNLOAD NOW
- The PhoenixMiner (Locate the “PhoenixMiner_5.6d_Windows.zip”). – DOWNLOAD HERE
How to Mine Shiba Inu on PC for Free
1. Firstly, Go to the unMineable website > Click on the Download Tab to download the app
2. The file should be in a zip file, extract it to a folder on your computer
3. Double click on the “unMineable Miner 1.1.0-beta‘ to run the app
Now to start mining on the unminable app we’ll need the help of the PhoenixMiner app.
4. Extract it into the same folder where the unMineable app is located.
5. Don’t forget to take note of the folder where the PhoenixMiner.exe is located.
6. Relaunch the umMineable app and click on “Continue”
7. On the “Graphics Card (GPU)” Tab, click “Update miner file location” at the bottom to locate the PhoenixMiner.exe file
8. Now, click on Next.
9. Here, select SHIBA INU as the coin or token you’d like to mine.
10. Enter your SHIB wallet address (Can be gotten from the Trust Wallet app when you click on Recieve).
11. Click on “START” and the app will start mining Shiba Inu within a short time.
Once you’ve earned a minimum of 1500000 SHIB, unMineable will send your SHIB directly to your Atomic Wallet. And that’s all!
If you’re able to Mine the SHIBA INU coin for free on your PC then do well to drop a comment below and also don’t forget to share this post with friends.
Also, drop a comment if you need assistance with any part of the article.